Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by rachelbbridge
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Brownies
- 120g of good quality Dark Chocolate (<70% cocoa solids)
- 200g of Butter
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 400g of Caster Sugar
- 165g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 3tsp Vanilla Extract (or Vanilla Paste)
- 60g bar of White Chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gasmark 6.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over hot water (can be melted in the microwave if you're in a hurry).
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract/paste, add to the melted chocolate and butter, mix.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then fold into the rest of the mix.
- Add the chopped white chocolate pieces and pour into a lined and greased baking tray.
- Cook for 22 minutes (the knife should come out clean when cooked), allow to cool, cut into 12 and serve.