coffee & chocolate cheesecake
Member recipe by sarah_harrison
The girls at work reckon its the best cheesecake they've ever eaten!
- For the base
- 250g biscuits - either digestives or a mixture of chocolate bourbons and digestives
- 100g butter melted
- large tablespoon chocolate spread
- For the cheesecake mix
- 300ml double cream whipped
- 400g philadelphia
- 200g mascarpone
- 125g icing sugar
- 100g grated chocolate
- 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee disolved in a little water
- Crush the biscuits either by hand or machine. Melt the butter and stir into the bisuits. Soften the chocolate spread for about 30secs in the microwave then mix into the biscuit mixture. Spread out in the bottom of a 25cm dish and firm down with your hands. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Whip the cream.
- Mix well the philadelphia, mascarpone and icing sugar. Stir in the dissolved coffee and grated chocolate.
- Combine the cheese mixture and the cream. Spread over the biscuit base then return to the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour.