Chicken meatballs and couscous
Member recipe by NealThompson
Mortoccan Chicken meatballs with a minty couscous, great quick recipe.
- Olive Oil
- 2 grated carrots
- Chopped onion
- 500g chicken mince
- Sainsburys Moroccan style tagine paste
- 200g chopped fresh mint
- 2 x 390 cartons chopped tomatoes
- 200g couscous
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and add carrots and onion. Fry for 1-2 mins.
- Put carrot and onion into a large mixing bowl and add 500g chicken mince, 2 tbsp of paste and 100g of chopped mint.
- Season and mix together well. Shape the mixture into meatballs., add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan and cook the meatballs until golden. Remove from the pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan with another tbsp of paste and stir together and season.
- Put the meatballs into the sauce and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare 200g couscous and stir through the remainder of the chopped mint.
- Serve the meatballs with couscous, flat bread and lemon wedges.