Member recipe by bexloubray
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Breads
Soft, fragrant flatbreads. Delicious with a homemade dahl, north african stew or spiced carrot & spinach soup (see my recipe)!
- 7g dried yeast
- 375ml warm water
- Pinch Sugar
- 600g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon course ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon course ground fennel seeds
- Garlic Butter
- 150g butter
- 5 garlic clove
- ground pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander
- (any of the above spices can be excluded or substituted for your spice of choice)
- Garlic Butter Mix minced garlic with butter season with pepper, set this to one side
- Dough Mix the yeast warm water and sugar (Leave for around 5 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, olive oil and spices.
- Gradually add yeast/water mix to flour mix, combining well after each addition.
- Kneed together into a dough for about ten minutes.
- Lightly grease a mixing bowl.
- Place dough in the greased bowl, cover with clingfilm or damp tea towel. Put in a warm place to rise for around an hour. After an hour the dough should be about twice the size.
- Knock the dough back to its origional size and divide it into 10 pieces.
- Roll breads to 1/2cm thick. Brush with a little oil and cook, oiled side down on a hot griddle pan for a minute on each side until bubbles appear in the bread. Or bake in the oven on 200c for around 12 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges.
- Spread with the garlic butter mix, sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and serve.