Thai Green Curry Fish Pie
Member recipe by thaitaste
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Pies
This East-meets-West recipe is a mouthwateringly original dish. Either make four small pot pies or one large pie.
- Thai Taste Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- 200g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 400g firm white fish such as haddock or cod, cubed
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 - 4 tbsp Thai Taste Green Curry Paste
- 400ml Thai Taste Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Thai Taste Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 sheet puff pastry, fresh or thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the prawns. Cook until just turned pink and remove from the pan. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and add a little more oil. Add the shallots and mushrooms, and cook for a couple of minutes until the shallots are soft and mushrooms lightly browned.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for another minute. Add the fish and prawns to the pan and stir to coat with the curry paste. Add the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C, Fan oven 180C, Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured work surface. Set one of the pie dishes upside down onto the sheet and cut a circle about 1cm larger than the dish. Repeat four times.
- Divide the fish mixture between the pie dishes. Brush the dish edge with water and place a pastry lid over the top of each dish, pressing firmly onto the pastry rims to seal. Cut some holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg, then bake for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. (If making one large pie cook for 20- 25 minutes).
- Serve the pies hot with a selection of vegetables.