Spicy Persimon Chutney
Member recipe by ashleigh_red
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
- 375ml cider vinegar
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, de-cored and chopped
- 150g raisins
- 170g caster sugar
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon
- 1 large red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 persimons
- 1. Combine all the ingredients except the persimons in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to a medium low and simmer until the mixture thickens but some juices remain, stirring frequently for around 25 minutes.
- Roughly chop the persimons, add to the mixture and simmer for around 5 minutes until they are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Spoon in jars, seal and refrigerate. Should be stored in the fridge and consumed within one month.