Healthy Strawberry tartelettes
Member recipe by assiaothman
It's common belief that "pies" and a healthy diet don't go together but when "pies" is around who can resist? Some guiltless tartelettes would be a dream come true. When we think of healtheir food choices whole wheat flour, cereals and oats come to mind so why not make a Pie Crust using such ingredients? I'm sure you think that it will be not easy ... you already have all ingredients in your very own kitchen cupborad. Yes ... it's there waiting. All you need is quick cooking oats, whole wheat , eggs , some fresh strawberries and VOILA! Now for the dough ....
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat , sifted
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 stick ( 100g ) soft butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar substitute ( Candrel, splinda ... )
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- In a large bowl , mix the whole wheat with oats , honey and butter ... until mixture become sandy . add the cold water and form a ball ... wrap it in a plastic bag , then chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and wrap the moulds with . Place on the top parchment paper and top with some dry beans or chickpeas . Bake for 20 minutes until become golden and crispy. Let cool completely before filling .
- Dissolve te corn flour in some cold milk . Wisk the eggs with sugar , oats and vanilla . Heat the rest of milk in a sauce pan , pour in the eggs mixture and simmer. Add the corn flour milk and stir continuously until the mixture become thick . Remove from the heat .. cover with plastic bag and let cool completly .
- fill your tartelettes with this pudding using a pipping bag .
- top the tartelettes with strawberries , then sprinkle with some chopped mint leaves . Treat yourself !!!!!!