Grilled Courgette Salad
Member recipe by fionatheobald
- 4 courgettes
- 2 baby gems, cut into ribbons
- 1-2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 60g pine-nuts
- 60g currants
- A large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 140g feta cheese
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- Cut the courgettes into long thin slices, down their length.
- Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook on the barbeque until slightly blackened and cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the currants and pine nuts. Fry until the currants have puffed up and the pine nuts are a pale golden colour.
- Put the lettuce, mint and courgette strips on a plate, scatter with the pine nuts, chilli and raisins, crumble over the feta and season with a good pinch of pepper.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice.