Roast Autumn Veg Bruschetta
Member recipe by good_chef
An autumnal take on the classic starter - perfect as an appetizer or on a platter at parties.
- 1 red Good Natured Perfect Pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow Good Natured Perfect Pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Small handful Good Natured Razzle Dazzle Basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- Place the chopped vegetables in a roasting tin with the cumin seeds and 1 tbsp of the olive oil and toss gently to coat with the oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until just starting to char at the edges.
- Slice the ciabatta in half lengthways, then each piece in half again. Sprinkle with the remaining olive oil then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until just golden. Rub each piece with the garlic clove.
- Remove the vegetable from the oven and toss in the basil leaves.
- Spoon the vegetables over the toasted bread and serve immediately, whilst still crisp.