Black Pudding Stuffed Mushroom
Member recipe by chetney
Stuffed Mushrooms with a meaty, peppery stuffing. If you like black pudding, you'll love these mushrooms
- For Two people:
- 2 "Breakfast" Mushrooms
- Rocket leaves, a fist sized handful should do per person
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Black Pudding, a combined inch per person is enough
- 100g Marscepone Cheese, two tbsp per person should do.
- Seasoning, Generously with the Pepper, just a pinch or two of salt.
- Preheat the Oven! I just finished making this a second ago, but I feel silly for spending a lot longer on this than I should have! 180C is fine.
- Finely dice or even easier, blend the rocket with the seasoning.
- Add the blended, peppery rocket to the Marscepone and mix well, then add the breadcrumbs and do the same. The mix should be quite firm thanks to the crumbs, and fragrant from the rocket.
- Slice and Fry up the black pudding in whatever oil you choose, I prefer olive (this takes 5mins tops). When finished, dice each slice into small cubes.
- Add black pudding to the Marscepone, mix well. This is your final stuffing.
- Spoon the mixture onto the gills of each of the mushrooms (the black bits)
- Put it in the oven and in about 20 minutes after the mushroom has cooked, you've got your final product. I've just had some with a marinated, fried chicken breast. If you agree with black pudding, you'll really like this.