Pear & chocolate sundae
Member recipe by laurabethmcn
- 50g almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g dark chocolate
- 25g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tin of pear halves in syrup
- 8 scoops of good vanilla ice cream
- Place the almonds in a bowl and add the icing sugar and water. Stir until the almonds are evenly coated and heat up a medium sized frying pan. Add the almonds and stir until caramelised. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolates, syrup and 150ml of the double cream over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir every now and again until melted, then take off the heat until stir until smooth.
- Whip the remaining 150ml of double cream until thick but still soft. Roughly chop the almonds.
- Add one scoop of ice cream to each sundae glass or bowl. Place a pear halve on top, followed by a dollop of thick cream. Sprinkle over some almonds and repeat again with ice cream, pear and cream, leaving the almonds out this time.
- Pour the warm chocolate sauce on the top of each glass and sprinkle some almonds on top. Eat straight away.