Creamy mushroom stroganoff
Member recipe by xxnomnomnomxx
- 50g/2oz Unsalted butter
- 4 Shallots, peeled & sliced
- 600g/1lb 5oz Button mushrooms, Cleaned & sliced
- 3tbsp Plain flour
- 3tbsp Brandy (optional)
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- In a large frying pan heat the butter until it has melted. Add the shallots and cook until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until all the mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for another couple more minutes stirring constantly .
- Add roughly 1/4 of the stock, continuing to stir until thickened and then continue to add the rest of the stock in the same way until all of it is used.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the brandy. Add the double cream and mustard stirring until creamy. Sprinkle on the parsley and season to taste.
- Serve with tagliatelle and fresh parsley leaves as decoration.