Grandma's original tiffin
Member recipe by annabelroderick
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Squares
- 200g/7oz digestive biscuits
- 50g/1oz caster sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
- 100g/3oz margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 150g/50z of chocolate( melted) to cover
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a sandwich bag,using a rolling pin.
- Melt the syrup,sugar and margarine in a saucepan.
- Then make sure everything has melted, then remove from the heat. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla essence and stir well and add the crushed biscuits.
- Pour into the baking tin and cover with melted chocolate. Chill in the fridge for 45 mins then eat!