Member recipe by maryamos1
Creamy rich delicious seafood dish, a huge family favourite in our household!
- 50g butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 40g flour
- 150ml milk
- 300ml single cream
- 150ml white wine
- finely grated juice and rind of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper
- half a carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 350g white fish skinned and cut into chunks
- 350g salmon, skinned and cut into chunks
- 225g peeled prawns
- 30ml fresh chopped dill
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 9 sheets of lasagne
- Preheat oven to 190C 375F, gas mark 5
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute onion and celery for 5 mins stirring occasionally until softened slightly. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, cream and white wine until sauce has thickened. Stir in lemon rind and juice and season to taste.
- Add carrots and simmer for 5 minutes
- Put one third of the sauce into a separate saucepan and set aside. Add all fish and dill into the remaining sauce and simmer gently for 6 minutes. Then stir in half the cheese.
- Put 3 sheets of pasta into base of large ovenproof dish. Spoon over half the fish mixture. Put 3 sheets of pasta ontop and cover with remaining fish mixture.
- Top with last 3 sheets of past and spread with the saved sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until golden