Chorizo, scallop & wood sorrel
Member recipe by good_chef
Using foraged wood sorrel, fresh scallops and unearthed Cooking Chorizo to make a delicious earthy canape
- Knob of butter, to fry
- 8 pieces of unearthed Cooking Chorizo cut into rounds the same size as the scallops
- 8 scallops, roe removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of olive oil
- For the chorizo: melt the butter in a frying pan and then add the unearthed Cooking Chorizo to the pan. Fry on both sides until crisp, then transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Season the scallops with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the pan used to cook the chorizo until smoking, rub the scallops with olive oil and fry in the pan for one minute on each side. Pat the scallops dry on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the scallop on the plate followed by the chorizo, garnish with wood sorrel and a sprinkle of Cornish sea salt. These can be served on a toasted crouton if they are being served as a canapes.