- slice granary bread (or a bread of your choice - we used German-style pumpernickel)
- ½ x 212g can Wild Alaskan Pacific salmon, drained and flaked
With its delicate, sweet flesh and wide availability, salmon is one of the most popular fish.…
- 1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 tsp grated horseradish (optional)
- 1 tbsp coarsley grated Red Leicester cheese
- 40g watercress and spinach salad, to serve
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
Heat grill to high. Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
Mix the salmon and spring onions together and season with pepper only. Spread onto the bread. Mix together the cottage cheese, horseradish (if using) and cheese. Spoon on top of the salmon.
Grill on a high shelf for 1 min, then lower the shelf and continue to grill for a further 3-4 mins or until the topping starts to brown. Serve straight away with a watercress and spinach salad.