Chocolate Peppermint Sweets
Member recipe by sophiestowe
ServingsServes 1 - 24
Simply Scumptious peppermint snacks- great for presents- and gorgeous to eat!
- 1 egg white
- 350g white icing sugar + extra for shaping
- 3 drops peppermint essence
- 2 drops green food colouring
- 125g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Whisk the egg white until frothy. Sieve in the icing sugar and mix well. Add the peppermint essence and the colouring and mix well.
- Sprinkle icing sugar onto your hands. Roll teaspoon-sized amounts of the mixture into small balls and place onto a baking tray.
- Flatten each ball with a fork to form flat discs. Place in the fridge for 1 hour until firm.
- Put the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl onto a pan of simmering water (about 5cm deep).
- When the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool a little.
- After 1 hour, take out the peppermint sweets. Dip each sweet into the chocolate until half covered. Place the sweets on the non-stick paper to set. Keep in a cool place or a fridge until needed.