Courgette & Rocket Cupcakes
Member recipe by lizziemonizzie
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
And now for something completly different- a savoury cupcake with topping. You can make this with veg, herbs, meat and even grains such as couscous.
- 100g light unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra, to grease
- 250g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 150ml soured cream
- 175g courgettes, grated
- 50g rocket, roughly chopped
- 50g sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- For the topping
- 200g ricotta
- 1tbsp juiceand grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- chopped pistachio nuts and lemon zest, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/gas 4. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt toegether in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the soured cream and melted butter, using an electric whisk, until smooth. Stir in the courgettes, rocket and tomatoes. Add the dry ingredients stir untl the mixture is just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared tin. Bake for 25- 30 mins. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 mins. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the ricotta cheese until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and season with salt and pepper. Swirl the mixture on the cool cupcakes and decorate with pistachio nuts and lemon zest.