Simplest Alu tamatar subzi
Member recipe by nupurk23
Weekends means a feast for my husband. Although he gets the treat quite often, but greedy him :).. Last weekend, I was too tired after all the cleaning and dusting chores pending and didnt get quite the time for anything special. There was nothing else in the fridge left apart from some tomatoes. And some potatoes in the shelf... Even no onions or garlic :( :(.. I thought of getting the fuss over and make simple recipe of Jaini style Aalu Tamatar my Naani used to make. I planned to make a quick egg bhurji for my husband if he doesnt like it. But it was not required at the end...... Alls well if ends well ... !!
- 1. 5-6 large Potatoes, boiled and peeled.
- 2. 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 3. 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4. salt to taste
- 5. 2 green chillies, choped
- 6. 2-3 red dried chillies
- 7. 1/2 cup low fat yoghurt
- 8. 1 tsp turmeric
- 9. 1 tsp oil
- 10. 1 1/2 cups water
- Heat oil in the pan, add cumin seeds.
- After they crackle, add red dried chillies, tomatoes, salt and green chillies. Stir well
- Add broken ( not diced or chopped) potatoes into it and mix well. Simmer for 5 min closed
- Add water and turn the flame on medium. Cook it uncovered till a boil and then lower the flame.
- Beat the curd well and mix it with the subzi. Simmer covered again for 5-6 minutes. Turn off the flame. Garnish with cilantro. I served it with simple parantha .