Peanut Butter Cookies
Member recipe by squidgepher
ServingsServes 1 - 32 Cookies
Fed up of throwing egg yolks? I found this idea by Paul Rankin(BBC)... yummy
- 450g plain flour
- 8 tbsp caster sugar
- 8 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 free-range egg yolk
- 200g butter (or flora light), softened (not melted)
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour, sugar, peanut butter, egg yolk and butter into a large bowl and mix together until combined to a smooth dough
- With lightly floured hands, break off evenly sized pieces of the dough and roll into walnut sized balls
- Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with silicon paper or baking parchment and gently press each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10/15 minutes, or until just turning golden-brown
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool for ten minutes. To serve, place on a serving plate and dust with icing sugar.