Strawberry & Rose Syllabub
Member recipe by bestchefcheltenham
This twist on strawberries & cream transforms the fruit into a grown up treat.
- 400g Strawberries, hulled
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp rose wine
- 170ml tub double cream
- 4 strawberry leaves, to decorate
- Halve the strawberrries, put them in a bowl with sugar & wine. Mix well, then set aside at room temperature for 40 mins ( as this makes the strawberries really juicy)
- Use a slotted spoon to put the fruit into 4 large wine glasses, then pour the cream into the juices left in a bowl.
- Whip the cream & juice until it holds its shape. Then spoon on top of fruit.
- Decorate with a Strawberry leaf (optional)
- DON'T MAKE THIS TOO FAR AHEAD, AS THIS SPOILS THE FLAVOUR. KEEP IN A COOL PLACE, FOR UP TO 1 HOUR, UNTIL READY TO SERVE.