Muffin Ice Cream
Member recipe by vikcakestar
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
- 3 or 4 leftover muffins (bran, banana, wholemeal and oat work well)
- Generous slug brandy
- 2-300ml vanilla ice cream, softened
- 600ml natural yogurt
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Crumble muffins into a bowl and dowse with brandy. Leave 5 mins to soak.
- Stir the ice cream, yogurt and sugar together.
- Add ice cream mix to the muffins and brandy, mixing thoroughly (some muffin should be almost a puree).
- Freeze in an ice cream tub for 2 hours, then remove from freezer and allow to soften before beating.
- Stiffly whisk the egg whites and stir into the ice cream using figure of eight movements.
- Return to the freezer.
- Repeat freezing and stirring twice more until mix is scoopable. Soften prior to serving.