Avocado,Orange,Red Onion Salad
Member recipe by clemmiecorlett
Spiced Avocado, Orange and Red Onion Salad with Orange and Black Olive Vinaigrette. Punchy flavours and a variety of textures make this a great summer salad. Serve on bruschettas for a delicious summer canape.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 oranges
- Half a red onion
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp bottlegreen Orange and Mango Cordial
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large red chilli
- 6 black olives
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Halve, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into slices, or cube if making bruschettas. Grate the zest from one of the oranges and reserve.
- Cut away the peel and pith from the oranges and cut into bite size segments. Squeeze any juice from the discarded orange pith into a small bowl. Slice the onion into thin strips.
- Mix together the cordial, olive oil, lemon juice, any reserved orange juice and zest and the de-seeded, sliced chilli. Toss the avocado, orange and onion into the dressing, quarter the olives and add to the rocket.
- Slice the ciabatta, brush with a little olive oil, griddle until marked on each side. Either pile the salad onto the individual toasts and serve as canapes or serve the salad with the griddled toasts.