Peanut Butter Cookies
Member recipe by xsnooksx
ServingsServes 1 - 26
For any peanut butter fan, these cookies are both delicious and easy to make! Taken from a student cookbook therefore perfect for kids and students alike. (p.s Definitely NOT for peanut allergy sufferers!)
- 115g butter, softened (a little extra for greasing)
- 115g crunchy peanut butter
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 85g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas Mark 4. Grease a large baking tray.
- Place the butter and the peanut butter in a bowl and beat together. Beat in the caster sugar and muscovado sugar, then gradually beat in the egg and the vanilla essence.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into the mixture, add the oats and stir until just combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, spaced well apart to allow for spreading. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Leave to cool on a baking tray for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.