Member recipe by padwan88
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Squares
A light and fluffy sponge cake made with peach and pear soya yogurt, with a raspberry jam filling!
- 75g Soya spread
- 75g Soft fair trade sugar
- 75g Self raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 (small) Pot of pear and Peach alpro soya yogurt
- 1 medium Egg, Beaten
- 2 tbsp Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 180C, and prepare 2 sandwich tins with baking paper. Creme together your spread and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add gradually the beaten egg, whisking thoroughly after each addition. If mixture starts to curdle add tsp of the flour into the mix until it starts to go smooth
- In a separate bowl, measure out your flour and baking powder. If flour was added in the last step take this amount away from the measured out flour.
- Add the flour mix to the creamed spread mixture and using a metal spoon carefully fold the flour into the mix, careful not to beat the mixture as you want as much air in the sponge as you can.
- Add the contents of the yogurt pot into the folded mixture. Fold the yogurt until fully incorporated.
- In the prepared tins, pour the mixture so it is level with the start of the rim of the tins. Tap tins on the surface so the mix levels out. As some cakes rise more in the center, removing some of the mix away from the centre will stop the sponge rising too much and stop a "dome" shape happening.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until golden and spongy to the touch, and centre is completely done (knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake). Remove when done, and leave to cool in the tins for around 20 mins. Then turn out onto a wire rack for 1 hour to completely cool.
- Once cooled, spoon 2 tbsp of jam onto the bottom layer. Spread the jam evenly around the layer all the way to the edge of the cake. Place the top layer on and dust (optional) with Crystalised raspberry powder.