Member recipe by bby-princess-tashax
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
Great fun to make and to eat!! Loved by children and adults alike!
- 130g unsalted butter
- 130g caster sugar
- 130g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- For the Butter Cream Frosting;
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g icing sugar
- You could try adding 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla or coffee extract, or 25g cocoa powder to the butter cream filling to try different flavours.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk the beaten eggs and vanilla into the butter mix.
- Sift in half of the flour and fold into the mixture. Stir in the milk. Sift in the rest of the flour and mix well.
- Spoon into paper cases and put into the oven until lightly golden on top, or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the butter cream frosting over the cakes.
- Eat and enjoy!