Prawn & green tea noodle soup
Member recipe by debbieharryxxx
This spicy Japanese style soup is wonderful, the fragrant flavour of the green tea noodles work amazingly with the mushrooms and prawns. Low in fat but wonderfully filling and satisfying
- Half chicken or vegetable stock (mixed with 1 pint of boiling water)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- Dry green tea noodles (or fine dried egg noodles) 100g-125g
- Frozen King Prawns, 80-100g
- Oyster Sauce, 2 tsp
- Brown Rice Miso (soyabean paste, such a clearspring) 1 tsp
- Fish Sauce, 1 tsp
- Red Chilli, 1/4 of one whole one
- Fresh Ginger, 2cm chopped finely
- Chop up the mushrooms, spring onion and chilli. Put boiled water into a saucepan and add the stock. Mix well.
- Next, add the dry noodles, mushrooms, spring onions, chilli and frozen king prawns.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, brown rice miso and ginger.
- When your noodles are cooked, simply por everything into a serving bowl and enjoy!