Sangria in ice bowl
Member recipe by sandeea
- For the ice bowl
- 2 large plastic bowls, one, two inches smaller than the other
- Water, depending on the size of the bowls
- Frozen berries and mint leaves to decorate
- For the sangria
- 1 liter red wine
- 200 ml strawberries puree
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Let's start by preparing the ice bowl.
- 1.Pour enough water in the larger bowl to fill the bottom of the bowl (about 1 inch). Place in freezer, and freeze for about 2 hours
- 2. Place the smaller bowl on the larger bowl (be careful it is well centered) and pour enough water to fill the bottom bowl. Remember to leave some space for decorations (at least 2 inches), and also that water tends to expand when frozen. Put some weight (a heavy can for example) on the top bowl so that it doesn't move. Place in freezer, and freeze for another 2 hours
- 3. Decorate using berries and mint leaves, and pour some more water to cover it. Remember not to fill the bottom bowl too much, or it will overflow when frozen. Place again on the freezer, and freeze for 2 more hours, or overnight
- 4. To remove ice bowl from plastic bowls, gently rub the plastic bowls with a towel damped with hot water. Store the ice bowl in freezer.
- In this page I have found another way of preparing the ice bowl which might be easier than mine (although I have not tried it)
- Now, let's go on preparing the sangria.
- Two hours before serving, mix well all ingredients, and keep refrigerated until it is going to be served