Lovely cheesy pasta
Member recipe by tomdutnall
Soft cooked pasta cooked in a cheese sauce mixed with peas or sweetcorn, with bacon on top.
- 150g pasta
- 50g peas or sweetcorn
- 100g precooked smokey bacon
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20g margarine
- 15g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 80g cheddar cheese
- some seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, spices, herbs etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ gas mark 6
- Grab a saucepan, pour all the pasta in and fill with cold tap water until the pasta is submerged. Cook the pasta until "al dente" or done. But just before it is done, add the vegetables into the saucepan.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the flour, the margerine, the mustard powder and the milk into another clean saucepan and stir well until smooth.
- Set the sauce on a cooker and start to boil, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Keep simmering until smooth.
- Add the cheese to the sauce, and stir in in.
- Remove the pasta and veg from the cooker, and drain it using a colander. Put the pasta and veg back in the saucepan and mix in the cheese sauce.
- Mix in all up then pour it into the oven proof tray, and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out, take the pasta out the tray and put on a plate. Sprinkle the bacon all over, then serve.