Choc frosted berry cupcakes
Member recipe by vikcakestar
Moist yet rich, fruity and chocolatey... these will be a hit at any celebration
- 350g flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 150g raspberry jam
- 100g melted butter
- 100g dark chocolate, in pieces
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g soft butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 200g icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Sift together the flour and sugar.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide between 12 muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen. Cool.
- To frost - Melt the chocolate with 30 second blasts in the microwave. Cool then beat in the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add the icing sugar and cocoa, beating after each addition. Swirl over cakes with a spoon, or use a piping bag for a professional look.