Member recipe by chloe139
A homemade Italian dish, Spaghetti smothered in white creamy sauce.
- 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 20g Margarine
- 15g Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 80g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 140g Spaghetti
- 60g Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Sweetcorn)
- 30g Bread Crumbs
- 60g Chopped Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius/Gas mark 6.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until al dente (in the last 5 minutes add the carrots)
- When al dente bring off the boil, drain the spaghetti then place it back into the saucepan.
- Place the flour, margarine, mustard powder, seasoning and the milk into saucepan on a medium temperature, stir with hand whisk.
- Stir constantly whilst boiling until sauce thickens and free of lumps.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and stir half of the cheddar cheese until melted and the pre cooked bacon chunks.
- Pour the sauce into the sauce pan and mix thoroughly.
- Then pour it into a heat proof container then its ready to serve