Beef Kofta Curry
Member recipe by martyncoup
Kofta means meetballs in the Indian language and in this recipe beef meatballs are cooked in a smooth, spicy sauce to make a warming supper.
- 700g Extra Lean Minced Beef
- 2tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp mild or medium chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tbsp medium curry powder
- 500ml passata
- 1/4tsp artificial sweetener
- To Serve
- Low fat natural yogurt
- Chilli powder
- Mint leaves
- Place the minced beef in a mixing bowl along with the ginger, garlic, fennel, cinnamon and chilli powder. Season and, using your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. From the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls and set aside.
- Place the turmeric, curry powder, passata and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, season well and carefully place the meatballs in the sauce. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally, until they are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve drizzled with very low fat natural yogurt, sprinkled with a pinch of chilli powder and garnished with fresh mint.