CREAMY CHICKEN CORIANDER
Member recipe by bhavnagokals
An Indian styled spicy yogurt and coconut milk based curry that goes well with boiled rice and/or rotis
- 1 medium chicken, skinned and cut into curry pieces
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 cup solidified milk
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green chillies, slit into two
- 2 large bunches (roughly 1 cup) coriander leaves
- 11/2 cups coconut milk extract
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- For Marinating the chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- Grind the ginger and garlic together. Add salt and smear the chicken pieces with the paste. Leave covered for an hour to marinate.
- Whilst chicken is marinating, blanch almonds and slice. In a mixing bowl whisk the solidified milk and yogurt to a smooth paste, add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or wok and fry chicken pieces till nicely browned. Remove chicken from oil and set aside.
- Re-heat oil and fry the almonds and sultanas. Add the yogurt mixture and chicken. Keep stirring till the chicken pieces have been well coated with the yogurt mixture. Add slit green chillies and cook till dry.
- Add coriander leaves and coconut milk. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently without stirring till chicken is tender and oil floats to the top.
- Serve with boiled rice, chapatis or any other bread.