Member recipe by helenb123
- 1lb Spaghetti
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 140g Tomatoe Puree
- Salt and Peppar to taste
- 9oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4c Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 15 mins or until soft
- Fry Onion in oil until transparent (approx 3-4mins) add tin tomatoes and puree. And Salt and Peppar to taste. Cook for 20 mins on low heat.
- Cut 2/3 of cheese into thin strips and the remaining 1/3 into small pieces.
- Grease large baking dish. Place half spaghetti in dish. Add small cheese pieces and half the tomatoe mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Add remainder of spaghetti, cheese pieces and breadcrumbs. Top with cheese strips and the remainder of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350f / 160c / Gas mark 3 for 25 mins.