Banana and Nut Cookies
Member recipe by lisamulligan
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
These soft and succulent cookies have a consistency half way between cake and cookies. The banana gives each cookie a moist and fruity flavor. Soy/soya flour (available from health food shops) allows for a lot of healthy goodness to be hidden in each cookie.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 170g soy/soya flour
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 25g cashew nuts30g raisins
- Mash all 4 bananas in a small bowl using a fork, then transfer to a larger cooking bowl. If you want to have less washing up you can mash the bananas in the large bowl but you will find it a lot harder work.
- Slowly mix the soy and wholemeal flour into the bananas causing the mixture to thicken.
- Mix in the eggs and olive oil to form form a smooth paste.
- Add the cashew nuts and raisins and gently mix them in.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment and lightly grease the surface with a little butter. Using two spoons transfer six large scoops of the mixture onto each baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5.