The Best Cheesecake!
Member recipe by keswales
A delicious white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A real treat!
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g gingernut biscuits, crushed
- 150g butter, melted
- 400-600g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 65g butter
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 500g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 180ml whipping cream
- 1 punnet raspberries
- For the biscuit base, combine the biscuits and melted butter and press onto the base of a 23cm springform tin.
- For the filling, place the chocolate, butter and vanilla essence in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- In another bowl mix together the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream to a smooth consistency.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the cream mixture, then gently stir in the raspberries, being careful not to release the juice.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge to set for 8-24 hours.