Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Member recipe by keswales
- 400-500g chicken mini fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 115g chorizo sausage, peeled
- 225g long grain rice
- 600ml chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 115g frozen peas
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Add the onion and garlic, and stir in the turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chorizo and add to the pan with the rice and stock. Bring to the boil and season to taste, then cover and continue to cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced red pepper and frozen peas, and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the rice has absorbed the stock.