Parkin Pud & Roasted Rhubarb
Member recipe by debsywebsydoodah
- 50g butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 10g black treacle
- 80g SR Flour
- 55g medium oatmeal
- 1 egg
- A couple of extra tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1kg rhubarb trimmed and cut into finger length pieces
- 160g soft light brown sugar
- Mix the rhubarb and sugar and place in a roasting tin in a single layer. Bake at 180c for about 20mins until soft but holding shape.
- Place the couple of tablespoons of golden syrup in the bottom of a half pint pudding basin.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in treacle and syrup. Beat in egg. Beat in flour and oatmeal. Pour into pudding basin. Cover and steam over gently simmering water for 90 minutes.
- Turn out onto plate. Serve with the roasted rhubarb and vanilla custard. x