Pear and Marzipan Tartlets
Member recipe by crudge
Pear and Marzipan Tartlets with Williams Pear and Elderflower Glaze. Easy to make, these little tartlets can be frozen uncooked and simply cooked to golden perfection when unexpected guests arrive.
- 3 pears
- 120ml bottlegreen William's Pear and Elderflower Cordial
- 300g ready prepared puff pastry
- 100g marzipan
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f, gas mark 6. Place the Cordial in a saucepan with 120ml water, bring to a simmer. Peel and halve the pears, remove the core and pips. Place in the syrup and poach for approx 10 minutes, turning half way through, until just cooked. Remove the pears, bring the cooking liquid to a boil and allow to reduce for 5-10 minutes until syrupy.
- Roll out the pastry to approx 4mm thick. Cut into 10cm circles. Place on a baking sheet. Knock up the edges and score to get a line 1/2cm from the edge with a sharp knife.
- Cut the pear into slices, leaving the stalk end intact. Divide the marzipan into even pieces, place on the pastry circles. Fan out the pears on top of the marzipan. Brush with the syrup. Cook for approx 20-30 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden. Serve with a drizzle of the remaining syrup with Greek yoghurt or cream.