Beetroot bakes with porcini
Member recipe by ranya1970
These lovely red veggie bakes will cheer up your September autumn evenings.
- 40 g dried porcini
- 10 beets, baked and peeled
- 2 potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 spring onion
- 1 egg
- 80 ml creme fraiche
- 2 tsp garlic tomato paste
- 40 ml water
- oliven oil
- salt, pepper
- Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl, pour boiling water over and leave to soak for 20 mins.
- Grate the beets and the potatoes on the largest holes of a grater into a colander. Mix. Chop the sage leaves and the spring onion. Mix with the grated beets and potatoes.
- Peel and chop the onions and the garlic cloves.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and warm the oil. Add the chopped onion and the chopped garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and chop. Add the chopped mushrooms to the skilled and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked mushrooms and the onions with the beet mix. Whisk 1 egg and stir into the beet mix. Mix well. Season.
- Warm the oil in the skillet again. Put the flour onto a plate. Take some of the mix, pat into a burger, then dip in the flour and fry on each side.
- Place the fried burgers on a oven proof dish. Mix the creme fraiche, the tomate garlic paste and the water and pour over the dish.
- Heat oven to 200C fan and bake for 20 minutes.