Member recipe by evilbendyone
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Pieces
Indulgent favourite trio of buttery shortbread, smooth dulce de leche and dark chocolate
- 190g plain flour
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 80g ground almonds
- 140g salted butter (cubed & room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g dulce de leche
- 200g dark chocolate (2 x Lindt 70% cocoa solids)
- 85g unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 160C (fan 140C) and lightly butter a 20 x 20 cm baking tin. Combine the flour, sugar and almonds. Rub the butter and vanilla extract together with your fingers until they are fine crumbs. Flatten into the baking tin and place in the freezer for 5 mins. Bake for half an hour or until light golden brown.
- Spoon the sticky dulce de leche onto the cooled shortbread base. You need quite a thick layer.
- Break the chocolate into squares and melt with the butter over a pan of simmering water. Pour over the dulce de leche and smooth with a spatula
- Put the tin in the fridge for 15 min then cut into 14 large squares. Chill in the fridge again until all the layers have set (usually takes at least an hour).