Chocolate torte Gingernut base
Member recipe by xnattix
This is the richest but most amazingly delicious dessert ever. Perfect for any occassion. :)
- For the base:
- 200g Ginger biscuits
- 60g butter
- For the filling:
- 250g dark chocolate
- 500 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp instant coffee mixture
- Extra chocolate to grate on top
- Start by greasing your tin with either butter or oil. Then break up the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and adding a 1/4 of the cream and golden syrup. Melt in a saucepan on a low heat. Make the base as this melts but keep an eye on it.
- In another saucepan melt the butter. And also crush the Gingernut biscuits. When the butter is melted add the biscuits and mix together. Put this into the saucepan and flatten out on the bottom of the tin. Place this in the fridge whilst you finish the filling.
- When the chocolate is melted place it down somewhere to cool down. In a large mixing bowl put in the rest of the cream, the cinnamon and the coffee and whisk together with an electric whisk until you can lift the cream up and it makes a peak.
- Then fold the chocolate mixture in the cream mixture very carefully until all mixed together. Then bring out the base and pour onto the base. Then put in the freezer and leave to set. This will only take an hour and then bring out, if your not using it yet then put in the fridge.
- When getting the cake out the tin get the rest of the chocolate and grate over the top of the cake and serve.