Member recipe by Aaron Goodall
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Fingers
Indulgent no bake chocolate snacks containing marshmallow and digestive biscuits.
- 200g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids works best)
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 135g Butter or Margarine
- 100g Mini Marshmallows (chopped regular marshmallows work too)
- 200g Digestive biscuits (rich tea can also be used)
- Icing sugar to dust
- Optional Ingredients
- Raisins, dried cranberries or any dried fruit
- Anything else you think would be tasty
- Please share any additional ingredients you included or things you did differently. Remember if using additional ingredients to change the amount of biscuit and marshmallow accordingly so as to have enough mixture to cover them.
- Line a small to medium sized square baking tray with baking paper.
- Place biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin or just the side of your fist until they're broken into a mixture of everything between dust and 50p size lumps. Put this to one side.
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat stiring it constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat.
- Take Biscuits, marshmallows and any additional delicious ingredients and pour into the pan of the chocolate mixture. Stir all this into the mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tray, making sure you get it all, and spread the mixture out to the corners.
- Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours then dust with icing sugar and cut into fingers of sizes you deem necessary.