Member recipe by ranya1970
This easy prepared Russian snack brings salty and crusty flavours to end of this summer.
- 700 g cornichons
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 dill flowers or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 liter boiling water
- Peel and slice garlic. Set aside.
- Wash the cornichons gently and remove the ends. Put the cornichons in a bowl with cold water and set aside for 30 mins.
- Bring the water to a boil, stir in salt and mix. Put dill flowers (or dried dill weed) in jars and layer the cornichons with the garlic. Pour the boiling salty water over the cornichons in the jars, making sure to cover them. Cover the jars with airtight lids and put them into fridge.
- Let the cornichons stand in the fridge for 24 hours.