Member recipe by mike9751
- 1 large pot of natural yoghurt*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- * Use Greek yoghurt if fat contnet is not a concern.
- Skin cucumber if desired, then grate. Put in a muslin bag to drain.
- Peel garlic, finally chop or crush. Add to and mix with the yoghurt. Taste and add more garlic if desired.
- Squeeze as much of the juice from the cucmber as possible, then add to the yoghurt.
- Add the vinegar and mix well, taste and adjust if needed. Cover and keep chilled for use.
- Serve plain or add a drizzle of good olive oil on top and some black olives. eat with fresh bread or pittas. Good most salads, cold chicken etc.