Member recipe by rachyj
A lovely tomato soup with a hint of roasted red pepper and chilli.
- 6 - 8 ripe large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inion
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted and skins removed
- 1/2 vegetable stock
- Peel tomatoes, cover them with boiling water for about 1 minute. Peel. Grill peppers then set aside to cool and skins will be easy to remove.
- Heat a little olive oil and fry onion, garlic and chilli. Add the peppers after 3 minutes, this intensifies the flavour.
- Add the skinned tomatoes and cook for a bit to allow them to soften, then add the stock.
- Cook for 15 minutes and allow to cool. Once cooled, put a whizzer through the mix - sometimes i strain the seeds out if I'm feeling in the mood, otherwise I like them with seeds.
- Easy and yummy!