Massaman Thai Curry
Member recipe by stephski86
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 500g Diced Chicken Breast (or optionally, a mix of chicken and cooked prawns)
- 600g Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small packet salted peanuts
- 1-3 tsp Bart's Massaman Curry Paste (can be substituted with any red curry paste for a slightly different taste)
- A splash of thai fish sauce (optional)
- In a large deep frying pan, gently heat the coconut milk with the curry paste and bring to the boil. For a milder curry use 1-2 tsp, for a hotter curry use more.
- Add the diced chicken breast, cubed potatoes and peanuts and simmer until the potato is soft and the chicken cooked. If using prawns, add these for the last 5 minutes of cooking or they will shrink.
- Add a splash of thai fish sauce for an authentic flavour and serve with basmati rice.