Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Member recipe by stephski86
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Tin Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- Half a cup of orange juice
- 1 Packet schwartz Jamaican Jerk Chicken spice mix
- Score the surface of the chicken, and then mix it in a large bowl with the contents of the packet, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and olive oil. Leave to marinade for minimum 2 hours, ideally 24 hours. The longer the better.
- Heat a splash of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Then add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add the rest of the marinade and the tomato puree, orange juice and the juice from the pineapple but not the chunks. Bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, adding the pineapple chunks for the last 5 minutes and ensuring the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice.