Member recipe by oganeil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 spoons tomato paste
- Chopped Chillis to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Dessertspoon Cumin
- 1 dessertspoons Turmeric
- Red Wine Vinegar to taste (30 - 40 ml)
- 1 Large tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cubes of plain chocolate (grated)
- Chopped chives of spring onions
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Fry the mince and onions for a few minutes until brown.
- Add garlic and continue frying.
- Add Oregano, Thyme, Cumin and Turmeric and fry for 1 minute.
- Add Chillies.
- Add tomato paste, fry for two more minutes then add the wine vinegar.
- Add tinned tomatoes, stock cubes and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add kidney beans and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, add chocolate to remove tanginess of vinegar.
- Top off with chives and serve.