Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Portions
- 4oz digestive biscuits
- 1/2 level tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 butter, melted
- 12oz cottage or curd cheese
- Yolks and whites of 3 standard eggs
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp custard powder or cornflour
- 1 level tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 tbsp fresh double cream
- Crush biscuits. Mix with cinnamon and melted butter.
- Use to cover base of a 18cm/7inch loose bottomed buttered round cake tin.
- Rub cottage cheese, if used, through sieve.
- Add egg yolks, 75g/3oz sugar, custard powder or cornflour, lemon rind and double cream to cottage or curd cheese. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff snow. Gently fold in rest of sugar.
- Fold into cheese mixture with large metal spoon. Pour into tin. Bake in oven for 150c/300f or gas mark 2. For 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and open oven door. Leave cake in oven for further 30 min.
- Gently remove from tin when cold.